The Performance Improvement Project Manager will lead, facilitate, manage, and support cross-functional teams charged with the (re)designing processes critical to improving access, patient throughput, quality, and provider/colleague satisfaction within Primary Care. Partnering with physician, nursing, and administrative leaders, the Performance Improvement Project Manager is responsible for the development, implementation and ongoing assessment of performance improvement and (re)design initiatives.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Expert in Performance Improvement with special focus on Primary Care Redesign as aligned with Patient Centered Medical Home
- Expert in Project Management
- Lead improvement projects using Lean, Six Sigma and other problem solving methods including: Continuous Flow, 5 S, and Value Stream Mapping
- Provide expertise through the use of Quality Tools and Techniques to sustain process improvements
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Quality, Engineering or other related functional area required; MBA or Masters in Engineering highly desirable, or equivalent industry training and experience
Licensure, Certification, Registration:
- Certification in Lean, Six Sigma
- PMP preferred
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Excellent analytical skills. Competent working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong proven leadership, project management, and execution skills
- Superb communication skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated change agent, self-starter and team player
- Able to work independently and handle multiple priorities
- Capable of leading the charge (sometimes from behind) and thinking “out of the box”. Comfortable challenging the status quo while able to work diplomatically to keep stakeholders engaged
- Able to persuade others and gain commitment
- Understands context of assignments and tasks and able to be flexible and adaptable to changing roles & priorities
- 8+ Years applying Six Sigma and Lean Tools and Techniques
- Lean Manufacturing experience and/or Continuous Improvement.
- Experience in a Primary Care setting preferred