Job: iSeries Cobol Developer
|| iSeries Cobol Developer
Series Cobol Developers
We are seeking iSeries Cobol Developers for a contract in Evansville, Indiana for a 6-12 month project. The Cobol Developer must have deep experience working with iSeries development and working in interactive design and screen development. If you only have experience in batch development, this is not the role for you.
- Assist clients in business/technical specification gathering when requested.
- Work in conjunction with other Developers to deliver services to the client.
- Function as a developer on design, programming and testing of assigned project / tasks.
- Develop technical design specifications.
- Code and unit test in various languages and technical platforms.
- Support the system testing and client integration testing efforts as required.
- At least ten years of iSeries Development in Cobol doing interactive system development
- Deep understanding of interactive screen development
- Possess experience with applications within various environments and platforms
- Experience should include mainframe and/or distributed architecture.
- Understanding of System Architecture and Data Modeling issues and approaches.
- Experience working with SQL, CICS, JCL and MQ
- Experience in banking
- Understanding of project management with basic knowledge of database development in DB2.
- Interface development experience.