Job: Business Objects Admin
|| Business Objects Admin
The Business Objects Administrator is a central role in the team in both architectural and day-to-day activities. The position is responsible for responsible for both systems and support administration. Systems administration provides architecture, implementation, and support of the Business Objects servers. Support administration provides managing the support queue, triaging and routing issues, as well as also installation of team software on departmental workstations. The position is also responsible for report development and any other related institutional needs as needed. In addition, we are implementing a new EMR (electronic medical record) from a new vendor. The systems administration responsibilities will include leadership and implementation of the integration of Business Objects servers/services into the EMR
- 3 or more years as a Business Objects Administrator
- 3 or more years developing Web Intelligence reports and SQL
- Experience as a Business Objects administrator in an organization with at least 500 employees is a plus
- Experience with Tomcat (preferred) or other java web application server is a plus
- Experience with Explorer and Xcelsius (Dashboards) is a plus
- Thorough knowledge of the capabilities, installation, configuration, maintenance, and other administrative duties of the Business Objects server
- SQL query and database development
- Business Objects report development
- Documentation development (e.g. systems schema, administration and support guides)
- Problem-solving and conceptual skills
- Ability to self-manage and bring complex projects to its completion with little direction
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with non-technical people.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Health Administration, Health Sciences, or other equivalent degree equivalent work experience is required.